I am a Ph.D. candidate in Information Sciences from the University of Illinois, Urbana Champaign School of Information Sciences. I also hold a Master’s Degree in Information Management from the University of Illinois. I have contributed to diverse communities on Information Sciences research, including network analysis, digital humanities and digital libraries, data curation, and natural language processing. I am particularly interested in providing a transparent data processing model using provenance information that can be easily queried and analyzed. Data cleaning and preparation are essential for data science workflow. The decision to clean the data to improve data quality or make the data ready to use can also affect the analysis result output. Therefore, it is important to make this process transparent to make it easily auditable and accessible, and to some extent can also be reusable and replicable by others.
- Survey and analyzing machine learning methods and performances for frontmatter detection analysis for HathiTrust digital library collection.
- Social network relationship extraction from fiction text dataset.
- Analyzing machine learning approaches and performances for Black Fantastic sub-genre prediction.
- Knowledge information extraction from domain specific paper / literature such as COVID-19, and Biochemistry related papers.
- Analyze effect of adversary / perturbation on network structure to the network metrics.
- Data warehouse administration and development for data analytics workflow.
- Research and Development for sensor fusion systems for Autonomous Vehicles.
- Working with computer vision (image processing), for object/obstacle detection systems.